Recent Commercial Posts
Do You Have Mold in Your home or Commercial Building?
SERVPRO can fix that!
What is mold?
Molds are simple organisms that are found indoor and outdoor. They are very small spores. The color can be anywhere from white to orange and green to black.
What does it need to grow?
To grow, mold needs food ex: leaves, paper. It also needs moisture and a place to grow.
Can you find mold in your home?
Absolutely. Sources that can cause problems for mold are flooding, leaky roofs, mud, steam from cooking, shower or bath steam/leaks, damp clothes, humidifiers.
How can you prevent mold in your home?
- Check for moisture on windows
- Check for wood warping
- See if you can smell a musty odor
- check for cracking of plasterboard
If water penetrates any of these areas, there is potential for mold growth.
All of these tips can help save you from a moldy mess!
If you suspect you have mold call:
SERVPRO of NE San Diego at (760)520-1565.
Our team puts up containments and wears the proper PPE to remove mold from a property.
When there is a flood and the water sits for an extended period of time it creates a breeding ground for mold growth. If there is a moisture issue in the building or home due to water intrusion, roof leaks, or poor humidity control, it is important to be aware of the following:
- Visible mold.
- A strong musty odor could indicate mold presence.
- Evidence of past moisture issues that could indicate previous mold growth.
- Excessive humidity.
If mold is found in the home or building, mold remediation will eliminate a potentially ill situation. Our professionals will look for any signs of visible mold. Following the industry standards for mold remediation, they will work to remove visible mold inside of a containment built on-site.
If you suspect mold in your home call SERVPRO of NE San Diego today! (760)520-1565
Lead Paint Found in Properties
Lead paint is often found in pre-1978 homes.
According to EPA requirements (40 CFR Part 745) contractors must use lead-safe work practices and follow these three simple procedures:
- Contain the work area.
- Minimize dust.
- Clean up thoroughly.
The Environmental Protection Agency requires that businesses performing renovation, repair, and painting projects that disturb lead-based paint in pre-1978 homes, child care and schools be certified by the EPA.
Does Your Property Contain Lead?
Older homes and buildings are more likely to contain lead-based paint. Homes built before 1940 have a much higher chance of containing lead paint.
What You Can Do To Protect Your Family From Lead In Pre-1978 Homes
- If you rent, notify your landlord of peeling or chipping paint.
- Clean up paint chips immediately.
- Regularly clean floors, window sills, and other surfaces.
- Rinse sponges and mop heads after cleaning dirty or dusty areas.
- Wash children's hands, and toys often.
- Clean or remove shoes before entering your home to avoid tracking in lead from soil.
You Can Protect Yourself From Mold
Water damage that sits too long is a perfect breeding ground for mold.
Here are some tips to keep mold out of your home:
- Keep the humidity between 30 to 60 percent.
- Provide for proper drainage away from building foundations.
- Regularly inspect plumbing and appliances for leaks.
- Keep gutters and drains clear of debris.
- Inspect the roof, windows, and other areas where water might enter the building, and perform necessary maintenance.
- Respond to all water instructions immediately.
- Keep in mind mold can grow as soon as 24 to 48 hours after water damage under some conditions
The first 24 hours is the most important in water mitigation. Be sure to call as soon as you detect a leak or water damage in your home.
Contact SERVPRO of NE San Diego at (760)520-1565 for assistance after a water damage or if you discover mold.
Immediate Service in ALL of San Diego County.
SERVPRO can be there same day for an inspection!!
SERVPRO of NE San Diego County provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in NE San Diego County. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 – (762) 520-1565
Whether your home needs emergency flood damage or your upholstery cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Building/Reconstruction Services
There's never a convenient time for fire or Water damage to strike your commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business
No Biggie, We Can Handle Anything
Biggies got you covered!
Here at SERVPRO N.Vista/San Marcos. We take our job very serious. We also take our blogs very serious. However, every once in a while, especially when things get stressful as they can in the restoration industry, you need to relax and have a little fun. You need something to help you have a little fun and take your mind off of work for a little while. You need a stress relief. That is why our office has Biggie. Biggie is our resident office French Bulldog. He belongs to our estimator Sahar. He is awful at filing, can't answer phones, doesn't know the first thing about restoration, yet he is one of the most popular employees we have at our franchise. Everybody loves Biggie because when you are having a bad or stressful day he is always there to greet you at the door and make you feel better.